Vape Pens: Buy Online in the UK
A vape pen is always a great choice if you’re looking for a vaping device that offers ample power in a package that’s affordable and pocketable – and you’ll find the best selection of vape pens in the UK right here at Cloud City. Our product range includes top brands like Innokin, Aspire and Vaporesso, so we’re certain that you’ll have no trouble finding what you need right here. Our low prices get even better when you buy in bulk, because all orders over £50 receive free shipping.
What Is a Vape Pen?
A vape pen is a vaping device with a cylindrical shape. Vape pens occupy a middle ground between pod systems – which are typically smaller, although some vape pens do use pods – and vape mods, which are larger and more powerful. A vape pen is typically around the same size as a cigar. If you’re currently using a smaller vape and want to upgrade to something that offers more vapour production but isn’t significantly larger, you’ll probably enjoy using a vape pen.
What’s the Difference Between Vape Pens and Vape Mods?
The primary difference between vape pens and vape mods is that the two types of devices have different shapes. While vape pens are cylindrical, vape mods are shaped like small boxes. Vape mods are also larger than vape pens, which allows them to have larger battery cells and operate at higher wattages. Because vape pens are smaller than vape mods, they typically operate at more modest power levels. While a vape mod may operate at power levels as high as 100 watts or even higher, it’s common for a vape pen have a maximum power of 40 watts or below.
The other large difference between vape pens and vape mods is that vape pens are typically simpler. It’s common for a vape mod to have an LED display and a full control system that allows you to adjust the device’s wattage and other settings. A vape pen, on the other hand, usually has a single fire button and may not allow for power adjustments at all. If a vape pen doesn’t have adjustable power, it may not work with a third-party vape tank unless the tank has a resistance similar to that of the tank included with the device.
Should I Buy a Vape Pen or a Pod System?
The fact that some vape pens store their e-liquid in pods rather than traditional vape tanks is a potential source of confusion. When people talk about pod systems, though, they’re usually referring to much smaller devices that are closer in size to cigarettes. So, between those two types of devices, what’s the better choice for you?
- Traditional pod systems are almost always designed for mouth-to-lung inhaling, whereas vape pens are sometimes optimised for direct-to-lung inhaling.
- Vape pens typically produce more vapour and may work best with lower-nicotine e-liquids. Pod systems generally work best with higher-strength nic salt vape juice and may produce more throat hit as a result.
- Although pod-based vape pens do exist, most vape pens store their e-liquid in glass tanks. Compared to a pod system – which stores its e-liquid in a plastic pod – you may find that a vape pen has better flavour quality.
- A vape pen is a good choice if you have higher nicotine requirements and need a device that produces a bit more vapour.
- A pod system is a good choice if you want something simpler and closer in size to a cigarette.