Pod Mods: Buy Online in the UK
If you want to buy a vaping device that offers incredible performance in a package that’s light and fits easily in your pocket, you’re going to love owning a pod mod. We carry the best selection of pod mods in the UK here at Cloud City, including devices from top brands such as Voopoo, Vaporesso, Freemax, SMOK and more. Best of all, our great prices get even better when you buy vape gear from us in bulk because all orders over £50 receive free next-day UK shipping.
What Is a Pod Mod?
A pod mod is a vaping device that combines the best aspects of vape mods and pod systems. Like a vape mod, a pod mod is usually a sub-ohm device that offers very high performance, producing enormous clouds with rich, bold flavour. While a vape mod stores its e-liquid in a glass tank, though, a pod mod uses a plastic pod that drops into a chamber at the top of the device. If you’re currently using a smaller pod system and want to upgrade to a device that offers a similar experience but has superior performance, a pod mod right be the right vaping device for you.
Pod Mods vs. Vape Mods: What Are the Differences?
Although pod mods and vape mods have similar performance, they differ from one another in significant ways. Here are the key factors that separate pod mods and vape mods from one another.
- Pod mods are often a bit smaller and more stylish than vape mods because the pods and devices are designed specifically for one another. The downside of using a pod mod, though, is that it can’t work with third-party tanks unless it has a 510-thread adapter available. Adapters do exist that allow certain pod mods to work with standard vape tanks – but if you’re considering buying a pod mod and a 510-thread adapter, you might as well buy a vape mod instead.
- Vape mods, on the other hand, are typically larger and may not look quite as nice as pod mods. However, vape mods often operate at slightly higher wattages than pod mods and may thus produce bigger vapour clouds. In addition, since a vape mod uses threaded attachments, it offers the flexibility of working with third-party vape tanks.
How to Maintain a Pod Mod
A good pod mod can provide reliable service for a very long time, but you do need to take care of it if you want it to last as long as it can. Follow these tips to keep your pod mod in top shape.
- Buy at least one extra replacement pod if you like to switch e-liquid flavours often. Vape pods are difficult to clean, so having more than one pod available helps to prevent flavour contamination.
- When you install a new coil, always wait a few minutes before you begin vaping. The coil’s cotton wick needs to be completely wet, or it could burn.
- Avoid sweetened e-liquid if you want your coils to last as long as possible. Sweetened e-liquid contains sucralose, which burns at high temperatures and will leave residue on your pod mod’s coil.
- Always charge your pod mod by connecting it to your computer. Don’t use a mains adapter for a mobile phone or tablet because an incompatible charging adapter could cause your pod mod’s battery to overheat.
- If a pod leaks, dry your pod mod immediately to prevent vape juice from contaminating the device’s internal electronics or entering the airflow system.